Our vision is a local and sustainable,
food and agriculture system.
Local — Activities of The Island Chefs Collaborative are focused within the boundaries of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
Sustainable — The ability of our region to provide food for present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their food needs.
System — All providers, distributors and consumers of agriculture, food products
To help create an environment where independent local food producers can prosper.
- Actively purchasing from our suppliers.
- Aiding suppliers efforts with money raised through icc events.
- Bringing chefs and farmers together as partners.
- Increasing consumer awareness of locally produced foodstuffs by featuring them on our menus and promoting them in our businesses.
- Educating the public about the ecological and economic benefits of buying locally.
To act as an open and inclusive organisation.
- Focus on local needs and local action.
- Maintain a broadly based membership of chefs, food industry professionals and individuals who share our values and concerns.
- Used a collaborative working style giving all points of view a full voice.
- Are committed to actively accomplishing the goals set out in our mission statement.
- Take a thoughtful, balanced approach to the issues based on economic concerns and the practical experience of our members.